Monday, November 11, 2013

M-spike & Shoulder

Well, I had my 3 month blood and 24 hour urine tests last week. Everything is looking... okay. Some numbers up, some numbers down, m-spike up. My m-spike is at the highest level it's ever been since it was discovered in July 2009 when it was just a "trace" of IgG lambda. I head to Dana-Farber to meet with Dr. R this week to discuss.

In other news, my shoulder saga continues. I still cannot believe all of this has happened from a FLU SHOT.  After a few sessions of PT with no improvement and significant pain even with passive movement, my PCP finally ordered an MRI of my shoulder. The MRI revealed two partial bursal tears and a whole bunch of other crap. Apparently shoulders are very complicated.


I've been in contact with Dr. Google to get to the bottom of this as the MRI report appears to be in another language. My PCP does not think surgical intervention will be warranted (thank God) but I do have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon this week. Hoping this doctor will be helpful and provide some guidance in where to go from here. I'd like to be able to touch the top of my head again.

That would be swell.

Hopefully there will be cortisone shots in my future that may provide some relief.

Because, obviously that's what I really need - another shot into my shoulder. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment