Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My First BMB.... One Year Ago

One year ago today I had my first bone marrow biopsy at DFCI. This was my first bone marrow biopsy ever, approximately 3 years after my initial MGUS diagnosis. On this fateful day, I had no fear. I wasn't worried about the procedure as it was supposed to be a 'simple' aspiration. Little did I know this would be 4 aspiration pulls and a biopsy. This experience turned out to be the worst of my three bone marrow biopsies to date. Luckily, my last two were not so bad. Sadly, my left leg STILL hurts off and on to this day from the nerve damage!


Let's all remember... July 3, 2012 ;)  Bone Marrow Biopsy and Aspiration: Ouch

2 comments:

  1. Mine too was horrible, worst pain ever.... they drew out i believe 90cc"s enough for the MGUS clinical trial that was October 12, 2010! I date I won't forget.
    Have a Happy 4th
    Keith

    ReplyDelete