Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Trending: Mindfulness, Meditation, Relaxation Response

I finished the 8 week 3RP program for smoldering myeloma patients at Mass General a little over 2 months ago. At this time, I am happy to report that I have been (mostly) successful in continuing my daily practice of eliciting the relaxation response. Huzzah! I have missed a few days here and there, but I am committed to continuing this practice. I feel like I'm getting to the point where when I begin to listen to the guided recordings, and I almost immediately feel calm and relaxed.

I should note that my goal for "practicing meditation/practicing mindfulness/eliciting the relaxation response/whatever you want to call it" is primarily for my physical health and well-being. I am Christian, and am not at all seeking "spiritual enlightenment" in any way, shape, or form through listening to the guided recordings that I find help me the most.

I'm not sure if I'm just more aware of it, but I have seen in the news more and more information regarding the positive effects of meditation. Perhaps I'm experiencing the same phenomenon that happens when you buy a new car and then you see it EVERYWHERE. Well, meditation is pretty much "trending" right now as far as I can see. Here are a few articles I've seen in the last few days:

Yup... !

No comments:

Post a Comment